Monday, September 22, 2008

what can i control?

Sometimes I feel completely in control, sometimes completely overwhelmed of our situation. There are times where I'd love to go out and eat, sometimes go browsing at the stores, or even do a fun activity. However, the changes I've made I think have made a difference, even if its slight. We're eating the stuff in the pantry (less waste), gas lasts a little bit longer (not by much, but a little), and the stress level of everyone isn't so high (good weather and outdoor play has something to do with that).
Today was a good example. We went to playgroup in V town, followed by two mystery shops, and then home. The repair man for the pool called, and said he could fix the pool pump today. Instead of hanging out in V town for the afternoon (since R's working until 8pm), we came home. Home for lunch, playing, and just mellow time. I do need to sort through the junk mail that's piled up (got back into FlyLady) and figure out dinner. While its not the most interesting stuff in the world, its not a stressful way to spend the second half of the day. I just hope it flies by, since it'll be a long night until R gets home.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

J, On the nights when R works late if they land on a Monday night or a Wednesday night, maybe we could do dinner together at my house or yours. Monday and Wednesdays are Mr.Man's long nights, so it would be nice to spend them with someone to help them go by faster. Give me an Email or a call if you'd like to get together the next time R is working late.