Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Where I stand

Where I stand-
the trip to Florida is postponed for now. I hada not-so-nice talk with my mom, and was essentially forbidden from calling my grandma, as I made her upset w/ my lies. Whatever. I finally talked w/ my uncle, and found the current status. It started approx month ago w/ something that led to them doing a biopsy. That biopsy turned into a lumpectomy, which then turned into a masectomy. The drs didn't get it all, but it hasn't spread either. Its intraductal carcinoma in situ. While knowing what it is is very scary, I feel that knowledge is power. I did research it some, but as I'm one to freak out, I decided not to look. Its more stress that I already don't need, and really-I just need to take care of my health-if I don't, well, I don't want to think of the alternative. So tomorrow I'm making an appointment for my yearly exam, and I'll bring up my concerns, as well as discuss my birth control options. I'm leaning towards Mirena, but we'll see-I'm interested to see what our insurance covers.

Tomorrow is supposed to be a playdate at Chuck E Cheese. I'm not inclined to go, I don't want to outlay the money. At the same time, I want to hang out with the boys, and show them a good time. I'll see how we're doing tomorrow, and take it from there. At the very least, I'll pack a lunch for us, along with some drinks. I think I have tokens around here somewhere, so maybe we can get by w/o spending any money. We shall see.

I'm off to type up reports for my mystery shopping, and then pop a load of laundry in. It never seems to catch up, but I'm finally getting a grip on it (or so it seems).

No comments: