Sunday, October 5, 2008

sunday shopping and supper

I made a huge ham tonight, with roasted potatoes. It took so long to cook, that I fed the boys apples and sandwich rollups for dinner. They didn't mind, and R and I enjoyed a peaceful dinner for two. We have the makings for sandwiches, quiche, and soup w/ the ham bone. Delish! I'll stretch it out as far as it can go.

We got our new cell phones ordered today. Thanks to a hot tip from my brother, we called the retention department of our service provider, and got a better deal on an upgraded phone-cheaper than what it would have been had we gotten the "free" phones from the store, since we asked for, and consequently recieved additional store credits, and waived activation fees for both phones. I'm getting a deluxe phone-a Centro-and R is getting a basic one. It suits both of us. Considering that we were already getting internet access for our phones (locked in at a super low rate), our monthly bill won't go up at all.

As a side note, we inquired about lowering our minutes-however, our plan is actually a great deal. Based on what the company is currently offering, if we wanted to actually lower our minutes, we'd pay a higher price-only because they have raised prices so many times for the minutes we currently have, and the basic plan is still higher than what we're paying now. Given that we get additional discounts for R's work, it doesn't make sense to switch cell phone providers. Hopefully our phones will be here by next week, and we can donate ours to a local charity.

Not much is planned for tomorrow. I don't have a job lined up, so I'm planning on going to playgroup w/ E. I'm looking forward to it. I also have a few mystery shops to do, one is setting up an appt to view an apartment in town-if it goes through, I'll get $10 for the phone call, and $20 for checking out an apartment. It sounds super easy, and I told the company I was up for trying new things, so we'll see what comes of it. That's it over here, I'm off to enjoy the rest of my Sunday evening, checking out the internet.

No comments: