Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sunday, Sunday

Is it already Sunday? What happened to yesterday? We spent the morning running errands in V town, came home, dropped stuff off, and then off we went to a family picnic w/ our playgroup. It was a small turn out, but I think one of the more memorable ones.

As it happened, M had an accident, we didn't have extra clothes, R decided to take M home and left me with the two younger boys. I was disappointed at first, heck, I felt like I was doing this stuff for M. Really though, whatever happened to doing stuff for G? G ended up having a ball! We decorated a pumpkin, did a mummy wrap, and a donut eating contest. It was great to see how he does when he's around other children, and not in the shadow of his older brother. R took care of M, and really, he stepped up to the plate-I didn't ask for help, he just dove in. E was great, loved the fresh air and came along for the ride.

It really drove home the reminder to advantage of the time we have w/ all our children, its easy to get caught up events for the oldest, when really there are others who would love their own turn. (Can you tell I was the oldest in my family?)

We debated what to do for dinner after the picnic-it seemed most people were headed out to eat. I was not in the mood for fast food, and while normally I don't care if we have some dirt on our clothes if we go out to eat, I felt like if we wanted to go out and have it really be nice and worth it, I wanted for at least me and R to look presentable (and I for one, after spending the afternoon at the park, did not!) We headed home, we relaxed, and the boys and I fell asleep at bedtime. I'm happy at how it turned out, no money was spent eating out, and no one missed a thing.

R let me sleep in this morning, and now we're lounging around, doing laundry and watching cartoons. We may head to the park this afternoon, or go out and about. May even stay home, depending on how the boys behave. The afternoon is open for possibilities, love days like this....

No comments: