Saturday, October 25, 2008

Sweet Saturday

Today was a great family day, on so many levels. We woke up at 7am (yay for E to let me sleep!) and decided to make a morning of a local marching band parade. The kids were excited to go, I grabbed snacks and drinks for the boys, and off we went! On a side note, since we were out of coffee creamer at home, and we bypassed making coffee at home. R and I shared a Venti Carmel Machiatto, paid for with a gift card. Yummy :)

After the parade, I picked up some scrapbooking supplies someone had given me from freecycle, and we went to Costco for groceries. We stayed within our budget, and just picked up our needs for the week. We treated ourselves to a pizza, but since kids were tired and cranky by that point, we hit the road home, figuring we'd eat during nap time.

Nap time-what was that? Yeah, the boys decided a timely nap was not in order, throwing my plans to take them to a family halloween party out of our agenda for the day. I was not willing to take the older ones by myself for them to be miserable and cranky once we got there. The boys eventually drifted off at 3pm, and woke up at 5pm, full of energy. I put them to work, and we have a nice, vacuumed playroom and living room (that really stayed clean for all of 5 minutes, but still pulled up a bucketload of dirt!)

The rest of the night was low-key- played ambulance with the boys (always the patient, never the driver), and enjoyed the cool night air.

Tomorrow should be a restful day- I have nothing planned except for laundry and maybe going to Target or Vons, depending on the sales/Grocery game list for the week. Hope everyone had a great day :)

No comments: