Monday, November 17, 2008

Thanksgiving update

Wow-two posts in the same day? Wow, maybe I'm making up for lost time. Anyways onto my post.
It's official. We're staying put for Thanksgiving. After crunching the numbers today, we've decided to stay home for Thanksgiving. The cost of the hotel alone is a minimum of $100, and that's if we only stay one night. R doesn't want to add to our credit card debt, and told me point blank that we wouldn't enjoy ourselves if we went and relied on credit. We'll stay home, invite his dad to come see us (cheaper for them to drive and stay here vs us going there and paying for lodging, food, any entertainment). At the least we'll enjoy a stress free 4 day weekend, take advantage of the weather by going to the park, maybe the zoo, anything that's inexpensive or free. I'll put the exta money that we would have spent on our trip towards our debt-what we don't see, we won't spend.
Now on with the hunt for some good recipes to try :)

1 comment:

Melanie said...

This sounds like a good plan. Hopefully they'll make the trip your way this year.

I know Mr.Man and I talked about getting a hotel room for our annual trip to L.A. but we decided against it so I can understand your reasoning behind not wanting to go there and spend money on a hotel. We'll still go, but we'll drive there and home the same day. It's going to be a long one, but worth it.