Wednesday, November 26, 2008

How many in a family

I debated posting this here, but as I'm going through baby clothes and toys today to freecyle, today seems like the day to get it out in black and white.

Adding to our family has been the topic of discussion lately. I've been asking R if he was ready to get the V done, and he said not yet, since it definitely closes the door to having more children. I already knew that, and when I told him I thought he didn't want anymore, R mentioned that he may be open to having one more. Talk about floored-how long have we thought we were done? Every discussion, talking w/ family and friends, he's quick to point out how we're done. But now-when things are getting managable w/ our three boys? Talk about a switch.

While the idea is nice, I'm not sure where I stand, so I'm going to just see what develops. Work on our goals, and see where life takes us. Work for now, and see how I like it. I can always change my plan, and that's okay. In the meantime, I'm going to whittle down the baby stuff-I have an overabundance and passing things forward to a new mom sounds like a good idea. I know what we used (and what we really needed-not much for G and E, just diapers and warm clothes-and no baby is picky about the brand/style of clothes!) A durable car seat is easy to come by, and we still have our stroller.

I don't have a time frame for having one more, as it was I thought I wanted to have all my children by my 30th birthday. I'm not going to hold out hope for one more, my heart is full with love for our boys. I love what we have, and love the organized chaos that is our home. It reminds me of my childhood years (before the teen battles w/ my parents!). If we're blessed with one more, great. If not, that's okay too.

Now I'm off to bless someone else w/ some baby clothes :)

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Deciding how many children to have in a family, and knowing when to close that door forever, is one of the hardest decisions I have ever had to make, and after reading on the internet a lot, I can see I am not the only one.

Good luck on your own decision on whether or not to add one more to your family.