Thursday, November 20, 2008

Climbing out

Sometimes I wonder how we got into this situation. Was it one emergency or another that sent us teetering on the edge of a financial disaster? Its hard to keep everything in perspective when bills come, money goes out, and I don't see the immediate change in our situation. At the same time, once certain bills are paid, they will no longer exist, so maybe not seeing the change right offhand won't happen until other stuff fades away.

Yesterday I had a moment, I'd like to think of it as a break through. I realized that no matter what our current situation is, its not the end of the world as we know it. Thngs may look financially dismal right now, but it won't always be this way. In the grand scheme of life, this year will be a blip. Look at how much stuff has taken place this year, watching E grow during his first year, losing R's uncle, us celebrating 4 years of marriage, growing closer to my dad in years. I wouldn't trade all of this stuff, except for losing R's uncle. I don't like to always admit how hard it is to be in our situation, but I do own responsibility for getting us here, and I will see to it that we rise above it. We will do it, one step at a time.

No comments: