Friday, November 21, 2008

Happy Friday!

Today is quite a busy day for our house, and for once I feel on top on the important stuff, and its carried over to my mood.
For example, tonight is the preschool's family potluck. I signed up last week for a side dish, planning to use whatever we had at home. I originally planned to use my crockpot, but planning ahead I did one better- I made up a batch of cornbread this morning while getting everyone ready for school. I left it on the counter to cool, so when I get home after work, its ready to be plated and brought to preschool.
This morning was a foggy day schedule for work. I used the extra hour to swing by WalMart and get bread for sandwiches and bottled water for tomorrow. I never preordered a cake from Costco-instead I'll have cupcakes/cake that I make myself from all the baked goods supplies I already have on hand. I'll take care of that tonight after the boys go to sleep. The only thing left I'll have to do is make a bean dip, prep my other snacks, and load the car w the non refrigerated supplies/food tonight. I don't think tomorrow will be stressful, keeping it simple is reducing it, and after having done simple parties now for awhile, I don't think I'd want to do more. Its kind of funny too, how even the boys are excited, more about seeing their friends- I don't think they even care its to celebrate birthdays: makes me so glad I never invested a ton of money into doing it somewhere else.

No comments: