Thursday, November 13, 2008

Get those holiday ideas flowing!

I love getting magazines, and December's issue of Good Housekeeping did not disappoint. I have ideas for homemade gifts-better than what I already came up with, and they are super easy, and cheap, yet yummy and thoughtful. Isn't that the point of gift giving? I'll be testing those recipes in the weeks to come and iron out what I already have stocked in my pantry. I don't think I'll need very much, I've acquired most of my holiday baking supplies, including cake mixes, sugar, butter, sgar, and food coloring. I think I may run out of goodie containers, but I'll figure out a plan of action.

As for holiday cards, I was inspired to do things different this year. Read the essay in the mag about holiday cards and you will too. Instead of doing something professional, we're having my sister take a family snapshot of us. No pressure for the perfect pose-however the kids look, smile, wear, it'll show us-a family of five in all our glory. No need for a special background, we'll aim for a playground near my sister's house, and see what develops. I'll print up cards-using whatever discounts come my way-if we get a variety of cards, it'll be fine. No one will know that they're not gtting matching cards-everyone will just be happy to get a card.
There's more to read, it'll be a thumbed up isue for sure once I'm done, can't wait to see what other things I'm inspired to try! :-)

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I haven't gotten December's Good Housekeeping yet. My mom usually gives me her copy. I'll ask her about it since you made it sound like it was really worth reading this month.

I am with you on the pictures. Just have your sister take some pics, you'll probably get more real shots that way anyhow.