Saturday, August 9, 2008

what a peach!

Both an ode to my husband and to the delish fruit!
Hubby took all three boys to McD's and the zoo this morning while I took the CBEST exam. While I wasn't keen on him spending money (we had plenty of breakfast stuff here), I'm working on choosing my battles. I was almost late (or so I thought) to the exam, but hubby was a sweetheart and made sure I had coffee this morning (which I really needed!) Not to mention, he also had the boys share one breakfast, and didn't get suckered into M wanting a toy or soda/juice (he gave both boys water instead).
The peaches we got at the farmers stand only lasted a day at home-all of us found one (or more), and devoured them! Given the fact that we had loaded up on veggies (which were all devoured last night in an awesome dinner dish), we're headed back there in the morning for more. One thing's for sure, I'm going to miss my vegetable stand come winter. I already told hubby that I'm planning on making batches of veggie dishes that can be prepped and frozen in the coming weeks. It'll make the summer bounty last a little longer.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I was thinking about you today taking the CBEST. How did it go? Look at all these potential opportunities cropping up for you. That must feel nice.

socialworkeratheart said...

The CBEST was hard-then again, I'm not one for test taking. I reviewed my math skills over the past week, and took a practice CBEST test online so I would have an idea what to expect. I had a throbbing headache for hours-hubby said because it was so intense and I was so focused, but still-I hope I passed, so I don't have to go through the anxiety again.
As for the opportunities, I'm a bit nervous over what will happen in the coming weeks. Its hard not to dwell on it (finding out about the job, passing the exam) but its out of my hands at this point. I'll just keep plugging ahead-and enjoy the time I have with the kids. For some reason, it seems like the 3 boys are growing too fast right now.

TestPrep said...

I'd like to offer jilse complimentary access to our online program "CBEST Online Course and Practice Tests." If you find you didn't pass, let me know and I'll provide access for you as well.

Our online program (over 1,250 web pages of instruction) covers all competencies including the updated 2007-2008 test specifications. The program's eight, full-length practice tests in Reading and Mathematics (4 each) are modeled on the practice test from the Official CBEST Web Site (cbest.nesinc.com). You can even write a sample essay and receive a reply with appropriate feedback.

Follow the simple steps below to begin using the program:

1. Locate the following URL with your Web browser:
http://www.longsdalepub.com/cbest-test.html

2. Click on the "Sign In" link at the top of the page.

3. Click on the "Register" link and enter the following information.
School Number: 30004
School Key: ut5rHS523JF68

That's it. You are free to use the program; there is no obligation on your part. If you find our instruction and practice tests helpful, you can send a testimonial to service@longsdalepub.com but you don't have to.

If you have any questions I would be happy to answer them.

Sincerely,
Craig Hansel
Longsdale Publishing