Sunday, August 10, 2008

treating myself

I never had this problem before I had children. If I wanted a new candle, lotion, or a yummy starbucks drink, I bought it. Now everything revolves around buying stuff for the house, for the children, and for the husband. I'm definitely not Ms. Suzy Homemaker (although sometimes I wish I could be completely organized and on top of everything). So why is it so hard to just pick a gift card out? Ughhhhhhh. I have rewards points from a credit card I don't use, and want to maximize the inherent potential of spending power. So why do I keep looking at the Gap and Old Navy and Williams Sonoma when I should get Home Depot or Target (more practical). Sigh....can someone tell me what to do?

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Buy whatever gift card you want to buy. You always have that Mommy role on, but sometimes it's o.k. to spoil yourself. Don't be practical, just have fun and pick out something that you would like. There is nothing wrong with treating yourself once and a while.