Tuesday, August 26, 2008

keeping it real

Last night, I was so tempted to say lets go out and celebrate-I didn't want to cook, it was extremely hot outside, the kids were antsy. We stuck w/ our plan-picked up our dog since we couldn't take her w/ us on our trip, and cme home. I made a quck pasta dinner, and everyone was happy. Its hard not to see dollar signs when I know I can potentially make some good money subbing. However we have to get back on track. We have a pile of bills that won't go away (but is getting paid down slowly), we want to reestablish our nest egg that got dissolved by the home repairs, and we want to teach our boys good oney habits. It won't mean that we won't want to splurge-I'm sure the temptation will arise, but really, part of the way we got here was by splurging, just overkill on the splurging part, and then wham, got hit by an unexpected expense that would have been taken care of by our windfall (if it hadn't been spent on something fun). Maybe this is a sign of financial responsibility? If it only took me until I'm almost 30 to find out, then at least I can use this to have a better life later on.

No comments: