Friday, August 1, 2008

preparation

Yikes! Driving home from mommy errands yesterday, I got a phone call. The big hospital in V-town-the one I'd love to work at-called me for an interview! Its a medical social worker position, and I put on my application I am open to shifts, hours, everything. I figure I just want to get my foot in the door, and then go from there. I go in Monday, and after a 15 min one-on-one interview, sit in front of a panel for an hour. Not so fun-but at least I know what to expect. Now its about preparing for those possible interview questions! Talk about a turn around-I had two rejection letters last week, so this was a pleasant (and welcome) suprise.

Have the CBEST test next Sat-Looking at the libraries, it seems all the test prep books have been checked out-so I may have to make a trip out to B&N to see if there's something there I can use and/or just get some basic math&reading (what your ___ grader should know) type books. I think the boys and I will take a trip out there this afternoon once the repair man gets done.

Have more to post about, but will have to do that later. Kids are too quiet....

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Oh my gosh how exciting for you!!! I will be keeping my fingers crossed that everything works out for you with the job!!! Yay!!! What great news!!!