Tuesday, August 12, 2008

the look of a stay at home mom + money

Never did I feel like a SAHM than this afternoon-I took the boys to McDs to run off a ton of energy. The place was deserted-so you can imagine, my boys had a field day for close to 90 minutes. I didn't mind, until it was time to leave, and M proceeded to throw a tantrum. Nice. I finally get near the door of the restaurant, and a woman (who was all put together-reminded me of how I would look if I was a working mom) behind me tries to hold it open-but M won't budge. Grrrrr. I told her he has attitude, and thank her for doing it. Fast forward a minute, M decides to behave, and I notice it-the woman is in the parking lot w/ the same van as me. While her's is brand new (still has the dealer info where the license plates will go), mine is filthy. Then again, so was I. 3 kids, an afternoon of 100+ heat, yeah, I looked frazzled. I don't know why this bugged me so much. Anyways, I went home, and cleaned out my filthy van. It would have cost $16 to have it done. Was it worth it? Ask me later after I give the boys a bath-while I was cleaning the car, they were playing in a big pile of dirt.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Such is the life of a busy SAHM. Don't sweat her. These are the hardest and most rewarding days of our lives. So what if you don't look put together. You're boys don't care, all they care about is that Mommy took them to play at McDonalds and that they had a blast. But yeah, I know what you mean. It's hard to not want to be on the other side of things sometimes.

Jax said...

Wow I have had this exact same scenario sever times in my life as a SAHM. It is annoying, but you learn to get over it. I heard a quote once that rang true.
"The days are long, but the years are short."

One day you will look back and miss this.....So they say :)

BTW I responded to your question about canning over on my blog. Hope it helps!