Monday, August 4, 2008

the perfect job

Today I interviewed for my dream job-now its a waiting game. The specifics on the job: The maternal and family ward social worker at the hospital. Choice of 5 8 hour days, or 4 10 hour days, every 3rd weekend you work the weekend shift, and no being on-call. The hardest adjusment would be the weekend shift-but considering I watch the boys all day when hubby works weekends, its only fair for him to do his part. Money is awesome-$24-31 an hour. I'm wondering if I'll get this, if I get it, if I'll accept, so many decisions to make. I really feel I have a shot at this-I prepared for it-read up on interviewing, and reviewed my social work text books. I did everything I could think of to give myself an edge-even had 7 copies of my resume w/ me (which I handed out to each participant of the 7 person interview panel). Hubby says that should help raise me above everyone else. Now a week of waiting, and before that, the CBEST exam to take. If I prep for that like I did for today, that should be a piece of cake.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

WOW!!! I soooooooooo hope you get this job!!! It sounds like the job that you've been waiting for!! I am crossing my fingers for you!!

TestPrep said...

I'd like to offer you complimentary access to our online program "CBEST Online Course and Practice Tests."

Our online program (over 1,250 web pages of instruction) covers all competencies including the updated 2007-2008 test specifications. The program's eight, full-length practice tests in Reading and Mathematics (4 each) are modeled on the practice test from the Official CBEST Web Site (cbest.nesinc.com). You can even write a sample essay and receive a reply with appropriate feedback.

Follow the simple steps below to begin using the program:

1. Locate the following URL with your Web browser:
http://www.learningtreepub.com/cbest-test.html


2. Click on the "Sign In" link at the top of the page.

3. Click on the "Register" link and enter the following information.
School Number: 30004
School Key: p92uN3855rm

That's it. You are free to use the program; there is no obligation on your part. If you find our instruction and practice tests helpful, you can send a testimonial to service@learningtreepub.com but you don't have to.

If you have any questions I would be happy to answer them.

Sincerely,
Craig Hansel
Learning Tree Publishing