Tuesday, August 19, 2008

redefining myself

When I started this blog eight months ago, I intended to use this as a platform to reenergize my life-to help me focus, and be the best "me" I could be-the payoff would ripple across all sections of my life. I sense that lately I've been in a downward spiral, or maybe just at a low point. I've been struggling to rise above it all, see the bigger picture, but sometimes all you want is to just huddle into a puddle of self pity. Yesterday I think I reached my boil over point. The job situation sucks. The money situation double sucks. The boredom factor of being a SAHM also kicked into gear.

At the same time, I have a ton to be grateful for. I have my health, my life, my husband, my children. I have resources available to me for help-if I choose to use them. Today I'm going to turn the page, and work to rise out of my slump. There's not a lot I can control-in fact, there's nothing I can control besides myself.

I'm not going to diminish the fact there is a rough road ahead, R's uncle is deteriorating, death is close. His grandfather is going downhill too; when it rains, it pours. Expenses will be what they are so my husband can have closure (easier said than done). We'll stand close together; we'll get through this. Money problems? Its all relative, what we're going through is just a blip in our lives.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I'm sorry. Life just is rough sometimes. And when it rains it pours. It seems like you have the right mindset for getting through these tough times. Just try and hang in there, and be there for R. If you need anything you know where I am. Call me, I am always happy to lend an ear or a hand.