Thursday, August 14, 2008

Sing us a song, you're the piano man

Sing us a song tonight.......

I spoke w/ M's preschool teacher today. She told me how he had a great day, and discussed how the class had a visit from a classmate's grandmother who is a professional pianist. The class had an opportunity to listen to music, and then take a turn sitting with the woman and play music. The woman commented to M's teacher that she felt M had a gift w/ music-this wasn't new to the teacher, as she has often told me of M running to the music station, being hands on w/ the instruments, having a good sense of beat, loving to dance and be involved in the activity. The teacher brought it up to me, and told me this woman only felt that M and one other child had an excelled talent, he was enthralled with the piano and playing music-not just banging the keys.

I've wondered for a long time whether to enroll M in some sort of music/dance activity. For the longest time it was put off because I didn't want to waste money on an overpriced activity that was more about me than him. Then I put it off because it was financially not doable. However, something weird happened today, and is making me wonder if I should reconsider. I heard Michael Buble's song "Lost" this morning, and thought how I should enroll M in the fall session of K town's dance studio. DH and I had discussed it before, but I thought maybe it was time. Why I had this thought, at the same time M was doing the piano activity, seems too coincidental.

This dscussion is far from over, and will be continued....

1 comment:

Melanie said...

How exciting to have an inkling of what one of M's talents is. Perhaps he will grow up and do something musical. Won't it be great to know that his great interest in music started so young.

I think looking into a music/dance class for M is a great idea. What better way to help his love of music grow.