Wednesday, August 27, 2008

random thoughts

I made a delicious dinner last night, shredded bbq beef sandwiches using the crock pot. Knowing that a similar sandwich at the farmer's market costs $7 each, and we had 4 sandwiches (w/ leftovers for today) that meal saved us at least $28. It'll be hard to top last night's dinner tonight, but given the heat, I think we're more thirsty these days than hungry. Time to brew more iced tea, that's saving money too.

Gap is having a fall sale on their clothes. I have a gift card to use, I'm needing some additional jeans-I only have two post pregnancy pairs that fit-the rest I already got rid of. I'm thinking I'll find what I want online and purchase them. I'll avoid a trip to the mall, even though w/ the high heat, we're going out anywhere that has an indoor play attraction for the kids.

Getting the substitute teacher's permit is going to set us back $132 between the two counties we live near. I debated whether to go for both counties, but DH said once its done, then its done. Given that the lowest day rate for one of the school districts pays $100 a day, its a sound investment. I'll have the cash once DH gets paid next week, and will hold it until I go in for fingerprinting.

I saw the pictures for E's 9 month sessions. They came out wonderfully.Made my ovaries twitch-that coupled w/ my reluctance (okay, avoidance) in going through his outgrown baby clothes is turning out to be harder than I thought. Now I understand why I bought clothes from women who's youngest child was at least 2 years old. It may take awhile to sink in that we're done having kids. (and until DH finally keeps that v appt, there's always a chance of having one more, ;) )

The natives are getting restless. We're off to a park today, and then McDs to burn off more energy, followed by naps in the car, and a trip to Target to scope out clearance. We'll see how much we accomplish-I have some freebies w/ my birthday coming up so may use those to give us a snack. Stay cool, its going to be a hot one!

1 comment:

bethany said...

You can always keep your favorite clothes and turn them into a memory quilt like this one!
http://vermillionrules.blogspot.com/2008/09/auction-closed-im-astounded.html