Sunday, August 3, 2008

weekend update

What a whirlwind weekend! I wasn't sure what we had planned, except for a suprise birthday party to attend. The party, and not knowing what else we would do, made me a bit unsettled. I didn't want to miss the party, yet I didn't want to sit at home all day w/ three busy kids. A family friend helped settle my quandry-we spent the morning at the zoo, and made it to the party with three well rested children (who slept from the zoo to home to the party). We brought snacks to the zoo, but forgot drinks. Thankfully the weather was pleasant, and only got hot when we entered the water park. The boys had a blast getting wet with their friends, and I enjoyed sitting in the shade w/ the other parents.
Th party went off wonderfully! A friend's husband planned the entire thing-she had no clue until she walked in the door. It was obvious by the tears that she was really suprised, and I was so glad it went off w/o a hitch. The afternoon was spent swimming, eating, socializing. The boys went to bed w/o a struggle and hubby and I relaxed the night away w/ COPS and ice cream.

Today was a low key day. Hubby cleaned out the garage with the boys, and I tended to clean up the inside rooms. The afternoon was spent running errands in V town. I hit up my grocery game list for Rite Aid, and have a ton of stuff to donate to charity. Hubby was shocked at the money I spent, but understanding the concept of rebates, he knew that the money was coming back to us. We hit up Costco for our weekly groceries-under $60. Most of it was items that last us at least half the month-salad, dried fruit, butter, cheese, soda. I have dinner (carne asada-yummy!) defrosting in the fridge, and will plan the rest of our meals out later tonight. I have a few recipes to try from Rachel Ray magazine, as well as fresh produce from the farmers stand.

The plan is to stay close to home as much as possible, as long as possible, because we may have some unexpeted expenses come up later this month. Hubby's uncle is gravely ill, and if we need to go see him, or help out his family in some way, I don't want it to take away from our family responsibilities. We're also on track to start paying for the mold clean up, and I want that paid as soon as possible. That's what's happening here.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I'm so sorry to hear that your husbands uncle is that ill. I hope that he takes a turn for the better soon. It can be really hard on everyone when a family member is very sick. You are all in my thoughts.