Friday, June 13, 2008

what a night

talking stuff over w/ another mom of kids, it really puts life into perspective. i've been feeling discouraged about how life in general is going, think i need to reenergize my mind, body, spirit, on so many levels. i want to be in control, but then again, the conversations today made me think that maybe my need for control is just way too much. i need to enjoy what i have, and let go of everything else. there's always going to be drama-whether its with my extended family, playgroups, or kids. however, i can't get wrapped up in stuff that's not my own doing. i am blessed to have a husband who loves me for me, and all the baggage i have; i am blessed to have a man who i love, who i chose to have children with, and love despite the craziness of his own family. we have three beautiful, healthy boys, who despite being overwhelming and noisy, are still our boys. we have a roof, food on the table, and clothes on our backs. the rest is just benefits. i must say, while i'm still somewhat peeved about the mess we had earlier today, its given me a fresh slate w/ one heck of a messy room. it'll be interesting to see the transformation in the coming days.

No comments: