Thursday, June 19, 2008

raising children/memory lane

Today is an in-home day-we have our last parenting workshop this evening, and its a pot luck for everyone. Its been great to meet and get to know other parents who live in town, those who have older and younger children than us (plus those who have just as many children than us too). We've already had one of the dads come over to help hubby w/ something, and I think both of them like having another father to talk to about stuff other than work. I'm making a delish pasta salad, something everyone will eat, and plus, it'll stand up to this warm weather.
While posting pictures yesterday, I dug up some ones from the years past, amazing to see the progression of my children (and my hair getting shorter, and more frazzled, hahaha!)
On a side note, hubby made the day trip to S town to help his sister navigate the murkey waters of custody and child support. Love Amtrak-he left the same time we did, and I picked him up at 9:30 last night. I am so proud of him for stepping up to help his sister, who is so frazzled by life right now. How I hate the word divorce-not only does it do ugly things to adults, but it destroys relationships between family members (parents/children/extended I'm so grateful for what we have, and know I have a wonderful parenting partner in my husband. I told hubby last night I want us to have a date night this week, so we can reclaim the part of us that aren't the parents to 3 little boys.
Onto the pics from years past:
June 2005-W/ M (13 months old), preg w/ G



















June 2006-w/ M (2), G 6 months



















June 2006-G 6 months

June 2006-M 2 years, G 6 months)
June 2007, M 3 years, preg w/ E (G was with friends last year)

No comments: