Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Combining errands

What a day-we left the house at 8:45 a.m., and didn't return home until 4 p.m. Had a beautiful playdate at the park, I thought my boys would be tired-no such luck. Headed to the library for storytime, I thought it was a waste at first-the boys and I headed outside to run around 10 minutes after getting there. It turned out okay though, since their friends joined us, and were entertained by the foam football and tennis ball I had stashed in the trunk. We munched on the remaining snacks from the park, and left right around nap time. Used the initial peace in the car to pick up stuff from Freecycle, I then headed to Costco for grocery shopping. I stayed on target, only buying creamer, bread, chicken stock, quick rising yeast (for making bread), and chai tea (a yummy treat for me!). I gave boys more snacks from the sample ladies, and split a hot dog between the two boys since G said he was still hungry. We hit the post office once we got back into town, as well as the vegetable stand. I loaded up on 8 lbs of organic peaches, zucchinni, onions, squash, and cucumbers for the amazing price of $4. Where else but K town can you find such delish food? Yummy! The rest of the afternoon will be low-key, I have to face the bill from the mold remediator-yuck, and list stuff on freecycle and craigslist to sell. 7:30 can't come fast enough-that's when hubby will be home, and I will finally be able to go to the bathroom in private.

No comments: