Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Can you say choo choo?

After a hellish day yesterday (house related), I was thrilled beyond belief to spend quality time with my children at our play group's annual train trip to H town. This year, the group was much smaller, 8 moms, 25 kids between us all (really!), but the fun was amazing. I planned ahead, packing us lunch, drinks, and plenty of munchies. We also brought a bit of spending money for ice cream and anything we may see along the way. Despite any reservations I had about traveling by myself w/ three young children, I must say-wow-I can really do this! I did worry how it would go w/ potty trained little boys, diapered baby, and of course, a toddler who wants to be Mr. Independent. Nothing says I had cooperation like the 10+ carousel rides the boys went on, or the 20 minute firetruck ride around town. G kept saying "the train, the train", and M loved Superior Dairy's ice cream (between the older boys and myself, we shared one massive double scoop ice cream cone -and the boys were satisifed w/ what they got!) I got some incredible shots of all my boys-really-I am beyond amazed that I got pictures w/ all three boys in them, and they're all smiling-or at least not crying. W/o further ado, here are some snapshots.



1 comment:

Melanie said...

Yay!! You are amazing!!! I am not sure I would have attempted the train trip with three, since I didn't even take D with me this year when R had her trip. I guess I am just not as brave, or as confident as you are!!

The pics are great! What wonderful memories those boys are going to have of the Train Trip. What a great day for you all!