Monday, June 30, 2008

June wrap up

Being its the last day of June, I figure its a good idea to see how we did this month. Reviewing our spending, we ate nearly every meal at home. There were occasional meals out-but those were the birthday parties, family in town, or just too tired lets get something while we're out meals. Overall, I think we did fantastic! I think having the fresh fruit and veggies on hand has been key-who wants to go out when there's a delish salad waiting in the wings? Yum-o! It did feel like we were at Costco a lot this month-then again-there's only so much room in our fridge for fresh produce and perishables-add in the pitchers of tea, sliced fruit/veggies, and the premade lunch portions of last nights dinners, and you eventually run out of space. Knowing there's always room for improvement, I want to work on how big I make certain items. I try and make enough for hubby's lunch, but sometimes I cut it too close-or make too much and we have a ton that needs to be frozen (and everyone is reluctant to eat). I'd love a happy balance-but its hard to judge what is a family favorite, and what is a "please don't make this again" meal.
Anyways, that's something small to work on. The bigger issue for the coming month is the cost of the mold damage. We'll be alright, its just a matter of making the best choices and decisions for our family.

No comments: