Friday, June 27, 2008

Caved in....

of sorts. Yesterday was my day trip to Sacramento to see my MIL, sell her baby clothes for our niece who' due next month, and my dental appointment. I figured how much I spent on gas was just a fraction of what it would have cost me to ship everything, plus it helped out a friend get rid of her baby stuff, and give my niece a ton of really adorable, high end baby clothes, as ewell as an activity mat, baby bjorn, and deluxe bouncer that she'd never be able to afford on her own.

Robert picked up the boys from preschool, so I only took E w/ me. He did well while I had my cleaning. I am pleased to say I don't have to go back for another 6 months, which is incredible since I've been on 3 month recall for a year, followed by 4 month recall for the past two visits. Plus, not having to pay for additional dental work-yay! I'm still paying off all the work I had done last year, but thankfully that'll be done with in the next couple of months.

I planned a side trip to IKEA< but decided to head home early since everything got done way earlier than expected. I thought it was best to be home to make dinner (what wss I thinking?) Next time, I'll just do my side trip-its hard just kicking back and doing something fun, instead of thinking abput the kids, so I have to work on that.

E and I did have lunch on the way back home, so it was still nice to just eat and remember how I used to do it w M an think it was the hardest thing in the world-now its a piece of cake! I was dead tired from driving, so dinner ended being from Papa Murphey's, and the boys had a hard time comprehending why we had to cook it once we brought it home. Next time we'll prepare it w/o letting them see it uncooked, or just opt for the pizza place in town.

TOngith should be a great family night. We're headed to the high school pool for Dive in at the Movies-$2 gets you in for the night of swimming and a showing of Little Mermaid. I'm packing us a picnic dinner, and looking forward to eating under the stars. Thats it for now. Happy weekend everyone!

No comments: