Saturday, June 21, 2008

what a success

Despite it being brutally hot today, the day went pretty well. Storytime netted the boys a free piece of fruit of their choice, plus an activity book that'll earn them another piece of fruit. I saw the "damaged" fruit cart, and got 2 lbs of cherries, 4 lbs of bananas, and 2 1/2 lbs of peaches for under $3.00. There was nothing wrong w/ any of the fruit, if anything it was super sweet from being so ripe. Tomorrow I'm going to make an awesome fruit salad.
Costco was a breeze-$35 for the basic necessities of the week, milk, tortillas, eggs, cheese, and salad fixings for the week, including lunch too. The boys munched on samples, so they were pretty happy during the trip.
I got some really cool videos today from freecycle, and also some bath and body works items from another freecycler. While picking those things up, I also distributed the things I was giving away, plus returned the baby bouncer someone lent to us.
We spent 1 1/2 hours w/ the wading pool-It took forever to get us all situated outside, but once we got settled, the boys had a blast. think I'm going to have to keep a play thing for E outside-or set up the water earlier in the morning-it was still to cold for him, and I had to hold him the entire time.
Dinner was a breeze too. Homemade chicken salad from all the stuff we bought at Costco. DH loved it, and it kept the house cool. THe boys also chowed down on the lettuce, even though they didn't like anything I also made a pitcher of blackberry iced tea for tomorrow-love it! I'll need to get that stuff again next time I go to Trader Joe's. Its worth the $4, since I get at least 4 pitchers worth of delish iced tea.
Tomorrow should be a quiet day. I'm planning on making pancakes for the boys-M loves chocolate chip ones, and I think I may make more to freeze and pull out more this week. May hit up the zoo early in the morning, or maybe the park. Anything before the heat settles in, and then we'll utilize the wading pool once again.
That's it for tonight. Once the boys are in bed, I think I'll head out for a swim. That's definitely an upside to having the pool (even though the maintenance is a PITA sometimes).

No comments: