Sunday, January 25, 2009

Weekend musings

This weekend has had its moments. We spent the morning at the local barber shop-sniff, someone recieved their first haircut, and I was an emotional mess. Sigh. There are pictures, and I'll post later today. We spent the rest of the day at home, boys helped bake corn muffins and apple bread. R went to Costco and had his "alone" time to unwind. I caught up on Brothers and Sisters, and folded laundry during naps. There was also a huge discussion on our finances, one that went a lot better than I thought-maybe because our commitment level is huge, Dave Ramsey is in our heads, and we want to do more and live better than we are right now. I'll post more later, kids are underfoot, so I can't write everything out now. I made a pasta bake for dinner and brownies for dessert. The house smelled delish with all the baking going on, now I'm hoping for some warm weather eventually so we can walk off the extra (delish) calories.
I called it a night earlier than I hoped, I think the emotional toll of the day caught up with me.

Today will be a nice day. I'm taking the boys out while R studies. Not sure where we'll end up, but it'll be a treat. Have a good one everyone!

No comments: