Tuesday, January 27, 2009

That's why you have insurance

Talk about a crappy day-of sorts. My beautiful Palm Centro cell phone was stolen while I substitute taught at a locl continuation high school. I was more pissed off earlier, more about the principle of stealing vs the loss of the phone. I have a $50 deductible on over a $300 phone-that's why I have insurance. I'm just relieved that I didn't see it-because frankly, seeing something happen-well you never know what someone will do if you see them doing something illegal. R already disconnected service, so we're good there.
updated to add: the principal just called, he thinks he knows who took it. Now the question is if they figure out who took it, do I press criminal charges or let the punishmet lay at school suspension? Remember these are troubled youth-but at the same time, does the punishment fit the crime?

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Press charges. Stealing is wrong and he or she should be punsihed accordingly by both the school AND the authorities IMO.

That sucks about your phone. =(