Saturday, January 3, 2009

Weekend plans

I hope the new year is off to a good start to all of you. We continued our plan of eating at home this week, watching what we spend, in the hopes of meeting some of our financial goals this year. Emphasis on some- life is not perfect, and I will never claim to have all the answers. I keep getting reminded on my Fly Lady emails that it's not about perfection, but about baby steps. So on that note, we'll take baby steps to meet our goals, and do our best to meet them.



This weekend our plans are simple. I plan on making bread and muffins for the coming week. Bills for the month will get paid. We'll go to the library. Let the boys play on their scooters if the weather clears up-even better, if its decent we'll head to the zoo. I want to hit up Target today or Sunday, once it hits 90%. We already went there on New Year's day, and bought our christmas lights for the house and ornaments for the boys at 75% off, that was a blast! I also loaded up on pumpkin and gingerbread mix, cake mix, and craft sets (gifts for grandparents!) for next year. All for under $15, that's the way to shop!

Its rainy and cold here, so eating at home will be easier than going out. I plan on making a pot of chili or stew for dinner this weekend, that'll warm us up and keep us on budget. I want to post more about grocery shopping and meal planning, but that'll have to wait until naptime. Kids are calling......

No comments: