Monday, January 12, 2009

Weekend update

This weekend we went to S town for R to attend his union meeting. The trip was a huge success. I planned ahead, and scheduled a mystery shopping meal for the way there, and the way home. We ate at his mom's house while we were there. The boys and I went to Super Walmart with my MIL, and bought each of the boys a belt-M for successfully completing potty training, and G for starting the process. G's decided that he wants brand new underwear when he's completely potty trained, so I didn't mind buying a belt for him now. For $6 each, it was a bargain, and the Cars belt buckle is a huge hit. I saw some prices of the food at Super Walmart were cheaper than other places, frozen chicken was cheaper there than at Costco (or anywhere else for that matter), but I didn't buy it since I didn't bring a cooler with me. Next time, I'll stick one in the trunk, so I'll be prepared. Gas was affordable, and with the gas shops I have lined up for this week, it'll fill up the tank for the week, or longer.

Yesterday was a buzz of activity. Doing laundry, playing outside, it was a long day. R ran errands alone (which wasn't my first choice, but I knew he needed alone time, and the boys were driving both of us nuts, so I opted to stay at home with them). We made up for it by having another mystery shopped dinner, which was nice, I wasn't in the mood to cook. I told R I was done w/ these assignments for awhile, I missed eating at home. We'll see how this turns out.

I have more I want to write about, I had a nice long chat with my MIL about credit cards, finances, how to deal with our current situation. It really gave me some food for thought, but now I need to get ready for the day out, so I'll write more about it tonight. Have a great day everyone!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I wondered where you were all weekend. I forgot that you were leaving town. I am glad that your trip was such a success!! Great job on planning everything!