Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Small town living





I love this song, and what it embodies for me. Sometimes I have these moments where I miss the Bay Area; it comes and goes, and lately its further and further apart. Living here in this house, in this small town -people know you. It weirded me out at first, sometimes it still does. However, along with the downside (gossip, mainly) is the huge upside. Living where people know each other, where everyone is connected to someone else in some way, and before you know it your circle of support has expanded. In my case, the circle of support is getting spun from nothing.

I went to a moms group today at a local church, the one where I'm taking Financial Peace University. I've been welcomed there from the start, and its nice to meet new, friendly faces. I've seen everyone from the woman who lived in the house I own now (which is such a trip, considering I met her when I first saw this home!) to people who are going to have children at the same schools the boys attend. I spoke to the leaders there today-one of whom I never met (because she was always in the nursery) about getting involved in leadership for next year. Leave it to me-someone who has only been there a couple of months to step up and ask what else can be done-its forever in my DNA to see what I can do and how I can get involved. I never know what the future holds, but I'm embracing change. I definitely feel like I'm being pulled/led towards something, and even though I'm not quite sure where yet, I know things happen for a reason. Let the doors open and the path unfold.

No comments: