Tuesday, April 12, 2011

retirement

Financial Peace University met last night, and I was a bit reluctant to attend. It's not that I'm not gung-ho about DR, but right now-I'm stuck. I'm stuck because I don't know how to invest. I have this idea in my head about what I want our money to do, but don't know how to do it. Yet going there, hearing the lesson, talking with others, its always what I need. Someone I know who's also taking the course said it's like bible study. Truth be told, it was. It was just what I needed to hear. Its okay that I'm scared-its hard planning for the future. For so long its been living day to day, but to have a plan, a plan for retirement, thinking about where I want to be at 70 and where Robert's going to be at 70-its hard.

We did talk last night briefly about it, just to get the topic on the table. It turns out we're better than I thought we were-because Robert started his retirement savings at 33, and I'm starting mine now. at 31. While I'm freaked out about not having anything now for myself, it doesn't mean it will always be this way. Seeing the scenarios yesterday in class, it makes sense. I just need to get educated-and that's why I'm taking this course ;)

No comments: