Saturday, July 5, 2008

revelations

Normally I don't post this late, but my dad just left town, and hubby's laying down with the boys, so no time like the present to sit and write w/ my thoughts. This weekend, I learned so much about love, respect, true meaning of happiness and family. I gained a lot of clarity and understandng about who my parents are, why things happen, and how (and why) I want things to be different for me and my husband on so many levels, our shared values, beliefs, how we communicate, how we negotiate, how we interpret things, and how we move forward. I gained a new appreciation for my parents (although there's drama there, I still appreciate the fact that I turned out okay), and look forward to raising my children. I've come to realize that while I may worry about finances, nothing is finite, so I need to relax, enjoy where I'm at, and look forward to the adventures we have yet to experience.

Money was spent this weekend-but we kept it under control. We brought picnic lunches out with us yesterday to the community festival, and brought lunch to the zoo today. My dad and his girlfriend watch the 3 (yes, all 3!) boys tonight, so hubby and I went out alone (for the first time in 4 years, w/o me pregnant, an infant, or any other child attached to us). Can you say wonderful??? We went to a movie and out to a brewery for music and dinner. Not only did I enjoy a hot meal, but enjoyed a homemade beer too-yummy! What we saved on the babysitter, we spent on the evening, and we talked-talked about stuff not related to children, but to us as individuals and as husband and wife. It gave me an opportunity to remember why I married this wonderful man-and considering we're celebrating our 6 years of being together (inseperable since our first date July 12, 2002) this week-I remembered how even though we've been thrown financial curveballs, we always work together, as a team, and overcome those obstacles and ride into the good times. This time will be no different.

Anyways, I'm off to enjoy the rest of my evening-yay kids are sleeping!-and think about how relaxing tomorrow will be. I'll post pictures tomorrow of the boys.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

What a wonderful day!! I am so happy that you were able to get some time alone with your hubby and really enjoy each other's company. Times like that are priceless. Especially when you have three small children!

I am also so happy to hear that you had such a nice time with your dad and his girlfriend. What a special Fourth of July weekend you had. Enjoy the rest of your night and weekend!