Thursday, July 3, 2008

melting mess

what a wonderful thing to find as I'm getting ready for tomorrow's bbq-my outside freezer (yes the one I posted about before) has begun to defrost. Again. This time, I called Sears, and found out that there is a lost food warrenty-so everything that couldn't be salvaged is sitting in it until Tuesday-the repair tech needs to see everything and file the claim. I did toss the 30 thing of hamburger meat-that would just smell rancid by Tuesday-and I don't need a rodent problem on top of everything else. The silver lining is that I cleared out whatever was still rock solid hard, and moved it inside-thank goodness I had room!
All this, along w/ paying bills, cleaning house, and preparing for my dad's visit. Tonight I'm really having a drink to unwind after all that stress!
I decided we're going to feast on tri-tip and chicken, and relax the day away. There's a few free community events tomorrow, so we may make it out that way. We can always come home and unwind, go swimming in the pool, let Zadie (yiddish for Grandpa) spoil his grandkids, I get to meet the new girlfriend. Tomorrow night we'll go somewhere and see fireworks. No big plans to spend money, trying to conserve as much so we won't hurt when the mold repairs start, but if something comes up, we'll use our best judgement. Its not everyday that my dad flies in from the East Coast, and it'll be awhile before we make it out there with the boys.
Hope everyone has a safe weekend!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Ugh. What a mess. I am so sorry that this happened to you now. I would be so upset having to throw out all that food. I hope Sears gets everything up and running again.

Enjoy the time with your dad. I hope you all have a great time this weekend, enjoying each other's company. I bet the boys will have a blast with their Grandpa.

Have a safe one!