Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Eat my cupcake Elijah

Elijah decorated the cupcakes for his class.
passing out the sweets
one of his best friends
blowing out the candle
little sister sneaking over to say hi

Last week, Elijah and I brought cupcakes to his preschool for his 4th birthday. It was bittersweet for me, having done this twice already, I thought it wouldn't be so hard. Yet, doing it with my little boy, I know this is the last year of preschool cupcakes for him. Next year, he'll be in kindergarten. We already had the first assessment done, and the preschool says he's ready (even though I may not be).

Elijah is my spunky boy. Arriving 14 minutes after Robert and I arrived at Clovis Community, he has kept us on our toes. He is my tiny boy, but big in spirit. We had a rough go when he was first here, PPD overshadowed my world-but we pulled through. I couldn't imagine not having him in our lives, he was the little brother my boys needed-we just didn't know that until he was here. Elijah is curious, and quite the charmer. Batting his eyes, he's quick with a smile and a hug. I do see how he's different when his brothers/sister are not around, and I cherish all the time we have together. Elijah is a talker-speaking his mind since he was 18 months old, and hardly staying quiet. I love the random conversations we have, everything from God and heaven, to police cars and school. You'd think he'd get lost in the shuffle between two older brothers and a baby sister, but Robert and I take care to ensure that doesn't happen. He's a helper, and creative, with an active imagination. I can't wait to see all he accomplishes, and am his biggest cheerleader. To my baby boy, I love you. Life is so much sweeter because you're here.

No comments: