Thursday, November 17, 2011

Birthday mash

Yesterday was Elijah's birthday. All about him, my youngest boy turned 4. He took the lead on how he wanted to spend the day. The three of us watched Barney and Racing Stripes under the blankets in the living room. We took silly pictures with the camera. There was cake and ice cream for lunch, and then a long walk to pick up the three boys. We went to church last night for the family dinner, and then Elijah ran off to the children's program. He was happy and carefree, excited to show me a bible buck he earned. After we came home it was late, he was tired, we all went to bed at 8:30 p.m.

This weekend will be the big party celebration, with friends and ice cream, tomorrow we're bringing cupcakes to celebrate at preschool. Elijah is happy about all the festivities. His main highlight has been having cupcakes and cake, and ice cream. Mine has been seeing his smile, wrapping my arms around my child, knowing he's healthy and happy, and loved.

I'm excited about the birthday party this weekend. Lots of great ideas have been shared with me offline and online, the internet has been a wonderful tool. I had a friend make party favors for me, excited to see how they turned out. I have the family gift for each child tucked away, and the items set aside from my dad and brother. Its been a crazy couple of weeks, but I'm happy that its about something fun. Life is very good these days, and I'm soaking it up.

No comments: