Saturday, November 12, 2011

Happy birthday Gabriel

Gabriel 11/11/2005

6 years ago you came barreling into our lives. Arriving a mere 20 minutes after we arrived at the hospital, you and I shared the moment of introducing yourself to daddy, who missed your birth by 10 minutes. I was eager to meet you, but scared-how was I going to parent two little ones so close together in age. You and I grew together, always keeping one another on our toes, wide awake, ready to play. I quickly learned what Grandma meant by having my sneakers on, you always kept me on the go. I wouldn't change it for anything having you so close in age to your brother. Its that closeness in age that makes the two of you fast friends, always looking for each other when the other one is not around, always ready to share a story, a snack, a toy. Gabriel, you are the one I can count on to say "Let's go Mommy, its time to play!" You are the one who has an insatiable curiosity and love for being active-as trying to cook breakfast at a young age showed me and your dad. You are sweet and loving, always ready with a hug and a kiss. You love to snuggle and cuddle, both with me and your dad, as well as your brothers and sister. You are an amazing helper. First one in the kitchen to help me cook, or do something to help your sister. I love your energy, your spunk, you know how to get us up on our feet and have a good time. I loved having you home with me, our weekly outings with MOMS Club and Play Pals, you fit right into the mix. I can't wait to see how you grow this year, I've told you enough times I can't blink because if I do, I'll miss something. You smile and laugh, and grab my hand. Happy birthday sweet boy, happy birthday.

4 weeks old

6 weeks old

3 months old

6 months old
18 months old

2 years old

3 years old



4 years old

5 years old



6 years old

No comments: