Wednesday, August 6, 2008

two steps forward, one step back, and repeat

This drive to decrease our spending, and increase our savings,well, its tough stuff. It seemed so easy when it was just te two of us, all we had to do was stay at home, or work more hours, and we were fine-then entered parenthood. The toys, the clothes, the events-it all adds up. Factor in tired parents, and enter in meals out, day trips, weekend trips, places that we think will give our child the edge to be smarter, cuter, funnier, etc for his counterparts. Its not about the multiplying by additional children-either way, it adds up.
I'm a bit on edge, since I paid the bills for this month, and as expected, money is tight. However, its not because money isn't there to spend-its just because I'm making it that way so we can get ahead. I truly want to teach my boys good spending habits. I don't want them to think they blink and I give them ice cream, a ride at an amusement park, or a free ride to college.
I've decided I'm going to return the Cricut I bought a few weekends ago. While I really want it, its not a need, and I really have to model do as I do, not just what I say. So, tomorrow while the boys are in preschool, the cricut will get returned. I'm a bit sad, but its better off this way. I just hope I can make it to WalMart tomorrow, and my drive doesn't dissipate into a puddle of mush.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

No, not the cricut!! You are a stronger person that I am. Once I brought that baby home I would have been using it.Kudos to you for returning it. When the time is right you can buy it again, and probably for even cheaper.