Monday, September 29, 2014

Weekend travels

This weekend we went exploring up north, while Robert and Matthew went to a Taokwondo training camp. We left before dawn, and came home when it was dark, so it was a long day trip. We made the best of it-and after 10 years of having kids, I felt like I set our expectations at a realistic (low) level, so I could maintain my sanity.

The younger kids and I went to the Jelly Belly Factory , and the festival that was taking place there. Gabriel and Elijah were fascinated by the assembly lines and machinery, Rebecca liked the samples of the jelly beans.
We wandered through Fairfield a little bit, and stopped at a local deli for lunch before returning to Martinez. Robert and Matthew had a fantastic experience at the training camp, and the Paleo inspired lunch that we packed had enough substance to give them energy during the long day. Quiche, baked chicken, grape tomatoes, baby carrots, strawberries, grapes, guacamole traveled easily and didn't make a mess. They did say their feet were hurting though after all the events, but it hasn't deterred them from wanting to go back next year.

We had our church harvest luncheon yesterday, and due to the rain (how exciting was that, it has been dry here forever!!!) we moved it inside. The message hit home for me and where I am in my life, and it reminded me to reflect on what I've accomplished and still keep striving towards my goals. I stayed to help clean up, while Robert took the kids home. The rest of the day was low-key, and frankly we needed it, after the long drive on Saturday. We did have couples group, but then went straight to bed after we all came home.

Busy weekend for us, and now it's off to the last week of September!

Busy weekend, ubt

No comments: