Saturday, February 2, 2013

Disentanglement and discovery

January was a journey. Juicing, cleaner eating, intentional living. It hasn't been without problems, but I've grown through how I approach life.

The hardest (and saddest) part of January has been saying goodbye. L courageously fought IBC for 3 1/2 years, and passed away on Jan 21. She was 36, and leaves behind her husband, 7 year old son, and 4 year old daughter. It has been a huge wake up call. I thought I could write more about it, but I'm still at a loss for words.

A celebrated his 8th birthday last weekend. He was the little boy who was at St. Jude's Hospital most of last year fighting for his life after being diagnosed with Stage 4 Brain Cancer. He is home now, one clean check up behind him. His birthay request: collect donations for the hospital. The boys were happy to bring a check to him at his party, knowing it was going to help others.

This month has seen sorrow, and joy. Hard to close the door, but its onward and upward to the next month. What does it have in store? Training for a half marathon, career hunting, refinancing our home, trips (there has to be something non-adult thrown in for good measure ;)

I will work on the next photo a day month project. I know I took pictures, but just didn't get around to uploading everything on the day it was listed. We'll see how I do in Februrar.

Imperfect progress, that's how I'm approahing life.

No comments: