Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Counting my blessings this morning

It was a shock to hear about one death/unnerving to hear about another impending one. The New Year has just begun, yet it is bittersweet. I try not to let my heart hurt, but its impossible. I try not to cry, but the tears flow. I'm reminded everyday by the actions I take, how my children see me, and the memory I am ingraining in their memory. Its days like yesterday, that lead me to think Elijah and Rebecca are young, what they see now-they may remember the feeling but not the person; remember the scent, but not the words of the menu item, the person that smell was attached to. Matthew and Gabriel are older, yet I know too that their memory is forming more and more everyday. I'm not trying to be a downer, but my heart aches for those hurting. Its impossible not to think about it, as I sit here with baby girl curled on my lap as I type. Its not often, and it won't be long, before the noise dies down, and the toys underfoot disappears. I'm reinvesting in myself and my family, holding tight to those I love, and praying for others along the way.

No comments: