Saturday, May 14, 2011

Start fresh, dive in

Blogger was acting weird this past week-I wrote a post and it disappeared. I wrote another, and that too can't be found. Instead of repeating what I wrote, I'm just going to dive in where I am this morning. I am feeling AWESOME!!! Life is full, and blessed, and I love who I am surrounded by. Yes, we have our struggles-my mother in law is ill and prayer and faith are what's getting me through this tough time. It is what it is, and I consider myself blessed to have the mind and body that I do so I can be there for those who are taking care of her needs, and be prepared to help them get through the trials ahead of us.

I took the crew grocery shopping yesterday-yes, if you saw 4 kids in the cereal aisle with a gleam in their eye, throwing box after box in the cart, that was my crew. What a deal, what a rush, kind of trippy to hear the checkout clerk tell me "ever since that couponing show, a lot more people are coming in with coupons." Ummm, yeah, I am one of those that was around before the show, and will be long after it goes away. It was a thrilling rush to get 30 boxes for under $40-and its not junky, crap food. Its cereal that my kids will eat, we'll donate to the food bank, and we'll use when we have to contribute to a worthwile cause. It is way cheaper and all the coupons I bought off of ebay have already paid for themselves triplefold, so yay!!! I'm underbudget for groceries, and that's an added benefit too.

This weekend I have lots of work ahead of me. Creative projects are brewing in my mind, and the kids are going to help. We have fun times ahead, and I'll be sure to post pictures along the way. Its all in good fun to keep us happy and safe, and not wear out the car with gas. Yes gas is still high, but it is what it is, and I'm not going to let it ruin my day or rain on my parade. Life is too good to be sad by it.

I finished Financial Peace, whoooooo hoooooo!!!! Life will never be the same since I took that course-well worth the time, babysitting issues, and money. I can never go back to credit (not that we have, but boy am I thankful those credit cards are shredded!) We have a plan for emergencies, and that's a wonderful feeling.

So I'm off for the day, hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!

No comments: