Saturday, May 28, 2011

I am



I am an eternal optimist. Sometimes though, like anyone else, I need a nudge to remember just how good I have it. It never fails, something will happen, to remind me I'm where I need to be, at the time I need to be, right when I need extra encouragement. This week was one of those weeks.

Here are the positives-because the negatives are not worth mentioning.

-I love listening to Dave Ramsey's Debt Free Friday broadcasts. Even though I didn't get to hear the entire segment yesterday, what I did here, was awesome. My favorite quote: life is too short to drag along a boat anchor. Awesome!

-Struggling with staying gazelle intense-I ran into one of my FPU classmates! That's no coincidence. Hearing how they're going on vacation next week, and they're paying for it in cash (thanks to the class, they're no longer slave to their credit cards), it was inspiring. It provided the boost I needed (but didn't know I needed) to remind me its okay to stay at home-because we're not using funds we don't have to travel (and more importantly, we're saving the money we do have to escape when its blistering hot here, and we want to escape!)

-Knowing that my kids are out of school for the summer after Friday-loving it! I'm so excited about the doors and opportunities opening up for us-thanks to living frugally.

I am healthy and human. Exercise is great for the soul, and helps keep me going.

Couponing-someone paid me a compliment and told me how they want to learn from me since it seems like I've taken it to a whole new level. I didn't know how to take that at first-I'm no extreme couponer, I just follow the deals, clip, and save. I donate a lot too so its not like we have some massive stockpile like those people do. At the same time though I remember how intimidating it used to be to coupon, now I'm more at ease.

My baby girl-everyday she reminds me how quickly time goes by. I appreciate my boys and the wacky things they do-and my little girl-she makes me smile.

Life is a journey~I may not know or understand it sometimes, but I have to have faith its happening for a reason.



No comments: