Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Bring on the summertime crafts!

♥ Hobby Lobby. It is one of a few places, JoAnns, Michaels, thrift stores, where I can get lost in and spend too much time in wandering the aisles, perusing the projects, wondering how something would look, wondering how I can make it my own.

I have a ton of ideas for this summer, some with the boys, some on my own. Some as family projects, some for when I'm with my crafty pals, and a few for when I'm alone (but really, when does that happen?). All together it will be the summer of crafting! I am so stoked, I told one of my friends, I'm done having babies so I can focus on decorating the house. I'm far from Martha Stewart, more mod podge than Pottery Barn, and coupons/sales/swagbucks/amazon gift cards/ all play a role in being thrifty and creative. I ♥ what I do, and have fun doing it.

The first project: re-covering our dining room chairs. I'm excited to see how it turns out; I have the fabric, batting, staple gun. You-tube to lead me through the steps, and a lot of faith.

For crafting inspiration, here are a few of my favorites:
here's one I found recently-can't remember how, but I love it: http://jonesyfor3plus1.blogspot.com/

and some stamping/cricut ones:

No comments: