Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Quitting is not an option

I had a horrible run today-I ended up walking most of it-I had a great start, but negative thoughts-no, just thoughts, kept creeping in. It was hard to get focused and my mind kept racing on all that I want to accomplish this week. I pushed through and finished up over a mile and a half, and then came home to have breakfast. Eating healthy isn't a chore-its the consistent eating that is challenging-maybe because I get pulled in a million directions (or allow myself to be). I wonder how I'm going to achieve this goal-it stares me in the face-and I'm wondering what in the world did I sign up for. I admit it, I'm scared. At the same time, I remember how scared I was with other challenges, grad school, having children, emergencies that pop up which I was not prepared for. Yet I muddled my way though-quitting was not an option then, and its not now. I see Rebecca's face while I jog-or walk-and hear the boys and Robert telling me to keep going. No one can do this but me though. I'm the one that has to lace up my shoes and put one foot in front of the other. I'm going to go back out this afternoon-do another couple of miles. I'm going to do this, one step at a time.

No comments: