Wednesday, March 16, 2011

New day

Yesterday was a long day-but I truly believe things happen for a reason. In part to the "bad" run, I chose to spend the morning at home-and was promptly called by Gabriel's school that he had a fever, and come to pick him up. Yeah, he may have had a fever, but was bonkers all afternoon. So much for not feeling well. We baked, we cleaned, we played with Rebecca. We made meatballs and banana bread, and wheat sandwich rolls too. R came home and said "what's cooking?" Love him ♥ I cannot believe its going to be seven years next month that we're married-I feel blessed to have the life I do-work hard to get it where it is. I don't want to take it for granted-and just appreciate every day that I have. My thoughts for this morning:
1. I'm looking for a non-mom look for our anniversary next month. thinking about checking out the boutiques here in town instead of going to my normal haunts. I feel good about my body, and want to wear something that speaks that. This goes beyond our anniversary-I need to get clothes for myself-not because I want to look great for my husband-I want to look great for myself.
2. I cannot wait until our tax refund hits. Too excited about the plans for it :)
3. Life insurance plans are going full steam ahead. I will feel so much better once its squared away after next week's medical exam.
4. FPU is making me think about my priorities-and how I'm different than my parents. I only hope the kids appreciate it when they're older and have to make the same decisions Robert and I are making now.
5. Ice cream-its calling my name every night, but sleep takes priority. Such is life with a 3 1/2 month old.
6. My kids. I've been telling Robert I'm so glad we had them-all four of them-and how Rebecca just fits in perfectly with the boys. I'm so blessed we decided to expand our family. There's a mom I know who's in the works to be a surrogate for a couple, and I love how she's doing something so selfless for people she doesn't know. Parenthood isn't for everyone, but for those who want, and cannot be, to have someone willing to help them achieve that dream...priceless ♥

No comments: