Monday, February 21, 2011

Motivation

I love the world of blogs-it has opened my eyes and provided inspiration. A new focus-something coming about from FPU and hearing about it from others I know, is exercise. Not just working out at a gym-because frankly, that's not in my budget. What is in my budget is money for a decent pair of running shoes and a drive to get back outside. I took the first step this past weekend-or stepped back into my comfort zone-by having the family walk from our home to the library and back again. It was a great adventure-plus having an extra kid (besides our four) with us was nice too. I had so much energy after the walk-and didn't realize how much I've missed it (between the cold, damp weather and pregnancy/new baby) it had taken a back seat.

I'm setting a new goal for myself-one that's been on my bucket list, and the time is now to take action to reach it. I want to participate in a run-a half marathon. I'm going to start small, find a walk/run within 40 miles to register in, and prepare for it. I will do it this week, and physically put it on my calendar. This part is out of my comfort zone-but like everything else I do, I'm going to dive in-life is too short to pass by, and now is the time to do this.

No comments: