Wednesday, May 13, 2009

To be a kid

While we're balancing work, motherhood, and family life I'm noticing some changes. M's able to reach the high string that opens the latch on the preschool's gate, whereas just last month he still needed to be on his toes to snag it. Mind you, its not a lot he can grab, but he's proud of getting taller. This brings me to the next point-M's getting older is making him like a puppy-he loves getting bigger, but not necessarily ready for all the changes. Yesterday he told me he wished he was four still- I think it's sinking in that he'll be at a big school this fall, not to mention different surroundings and teachers. We have his assessment this morning, so I hope that puts his mind at ease.

In other news, I'm getting the stuff for his birthday party together. M keeps switching ideas, his latest request was for a rainbow party. My hope is to get that finalized soon, so I can get invites in the mail.

We'll be squared away for summer activities in the next couple of weeks too. I'm on the fence about a couple of things, especially since we have some home repairs we should do before that. As for finances, my frame of mind is less is more. We're eating at home, using free activites to occupy us. I foresee us continuing to have playdates at the park for as long as the weather holds out.

There's more on my mind, but need to get moving for now. We have to get everyone ready before the assessment this moring. For now, have a lovely day :)

No comments: