Monday, May 4, 2009

Ready to take on the day!

I'm excited about this morning, I'm checking out a wildlife preserve near our hometown. It should make for an interesting morning, I'm glad its dried out from the rain, and the weather should be clear and warm.

This weekend was frugal, we stayed in town this weekend, but ventured out for activities. We hit up the parks, as well as the zoo. The only money we spent wa on grocery shopping, otherwise we ate at home all weekend, and did free activities. It was fun, and the kids passed ou each night from sheer exhaustion.

I'm hoping for a productive week. I have things to get ready for M's birthday on Friday (yay!) and firming up plans for his birthday get together. I have to run by City Hall and see what my options are, and we'll go from there. At theleast, I think we'll have an open playdate towards the end of the month, or early next month. Its always a hard call, between his birthday, Mother's Day weekend, and Memorial Day weekend. Always something going on, but we'll make the best of it!

We have fun things to do this month, one of which is M's preschool graduation. I'm looking forward to that, we received his cap and gown (totally bizarre having one, but I'm going with the flow here). I think he's more excited about the tassell than the gown, or the concept of a ceremony. In any case, I'm excited, and can't wait to see my little man start this new chapter in his life.

That's it for now, we're off and running to the preserve!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Oooh I am interested to hear about the Wildlife perserve you visited. Tell me more!

And can you believe M is going to five??? And wearing a cap and gown? How exciting!!! I don't think they do the cap and gown thing at our preschool which is probably a good thing, I would be a mess seeing her in that outfit.

And Happy Early Birthday M!!! I am sure his birthday will be fantastic!